Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Passage from Great Expectations!

"Love her! HOw does she use you? If she favours you , you love her ! If she wounds you, love her. If she tears your heart to pieces - and it gets older and stronger , it will tear deeper - love her.
I'll tell you ...what real love its. It is blind devotion, unquestioning self-humiliation , utter submission , trust and belief against yourself and against the whole world , giving up your whole heart and sourl to the smiter - as I did!"

A passage taken from "Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens. I chose this for today as I realized Charlie had same views as mine decades ago - I am a time/age independent wonder :)

Jokes apart , there was another article where a person had advised about "Unconditional Love". So I guess , there are many words to the same feeling - the feeling of love- unconditional that is....

Just a random thought for the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger blogerazzi said...

You choose the rougher path.

There's a line i used to like that compares. "If Equal Affection cannot be, let the more loving one be me."

Have changed my mind since on the advisability of such unequal affections! :-)

10:50 PM  
Blogger I have enuff time said...

Hash has gone mad - she calls Charles "Chikna" and now Charles Chickens!

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home