Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Creating Hierarchy in Organizations as you please :)

I have enough time in the world to change my organization hierarchy. ANd no , I am not the top boss in my organization :) .Take a guess ?

And yes , you guessed it right. I maintain the employee database in my company and i change my leader's direct reportees at will. Its pure fun and its even more fun when i see my HR and Finance and Team Leads all huddling around to figure what went wrong.

Its been more than 24 months since i have started this fun trip and it never ends. Employees quit , Managers change , people change teams , HR managers change , etc etc. These are the core changes in my database. The actual fun is:
1. The leave request goes to someone else
2. The appraisal document goes to someone else

In both cases , its the hapless new Team lead who has to face the brunt. Some old team leads secretly relish the fact that they still have the control. But who is behind all these illusions - ITS ME :)

I feel supremely powerful to be deeply involved in my organizational changes. I dont care for Org announcements anymore - i make my leads feel the change profoundly and belatedly .

Champions quit , folks go to another corner , kutty thoughts happen in isolation and blogerazzis take a trip to Singapore - but my fun with my organization continues :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home